IN THE MATTER OF: THE SECURITIES ACT
IN THE MATTER OF: WILLIAM GEORGE MacKAY and
ADVANTAGE WEALTH SYSTEMS INC.
NOTICE OF HEARING
TAKE NOTICE that The Manitoba Securities Commission (“Commission”) will hold a public hearing (“Hearing”) at its offices at Room 500 - 400 St. Mary Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba on Wednesday, the 25th day of May, 2022 commencing at 9:30 o’clock in the forenoon or so soon thereafter as the Hearing can be held, and from day to day thereafter until the Hearing is concluded, to consider:
1. whether or not it is in the public interest to order, pursuant to subsection 148.1(1) and/or 148.1 (1.1) of The Securities Act (“Act”), that William George MacKay (“MacKay”) and Advantage Wealth Systems Inc. (“AWS”) pay an administrative penalty;
2. whether or not pursuant to section 148.2 of the Act, that MacKay pay compensation for financial loss to DH and LH;
3. whether or not pursuant to subsection 148.2(4) of the Act that AWS be jointly and severally liable with MacKay to pay DH and LH compensation for financial loss;
4. whether or not it is in the public interest to order, pursuant to subsection 19(5) of The Act, that:
(a) subsection 19(1) of the Act does not, with respect to such of the trades referred to in that subsection, apply to MacKay and AWS;
(b) subsection 19(2) of the Act does not, with respect to such of the securities referred to in that section, apply to MacKay and AWS;
5. whether or not pursuant to subsection 148.3(1) of the Act that MacKay be prohibited from acting as a officer and director;
6. whether or not it is in the public interest to order that MacKay and AWS pay costs of and incidental to the hearing;
7. such further and other matters and the making of such further and other orders as the Commission may deem appropriate.
BY REASON OF THE FOLLOWING ALLEGATIONS:
By reason of the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations of Staff of the Commission dated May 2, 2022.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that a person or company attending or submitting evidence at the Hearing may be represented by counsel of its choice.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that any party to the proceedings may, at the Hearing, call witnesses and submit such evidence relevant to the Hearing as it may wish and, for that purpose, it may obtain from the Director of the Commission at Room 500 - 400 St. Mary Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, a form or forms of summons to compel the attendance of witnesses.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the Hearing may proceed in that party’s absence and the Commission may make or give any decision or order as though that party were present.
DATED at Winnipeg, Manitoba this 2th day of May, 2022.
TO: WILLIAM GEORGE MacKAY
AND TO: ADVANTAGE WEALTH SYSTEMS INC.