Type of Filing:
□ Initial Form □ Amendment; Amendment No.
1. Full name of information processor:
2. Name(s) under which business is conducted, if different from item 1:
3. If this filing makes a name change on behalf of the information processor in respect of the name set out in item 1 or item 2, enter the previous name and the new name:
4. Head office
5. Mailing address (if different):
6. Other offices
7. Website address:
8. Contact employee
Name and title:
10. List of all marketplaces, dealers or other parties for which the information processor is acting or for which it proposes to act as an information processor. For each marketplace, dealer or other party, provide a description of the function(s) which the information processor performs or proposes to perform.
11. List all types of securities for which information will be collected, processed, distributed or published by the information processor. For each such marketplace, dealer or other party, provide a list of all securities for which information with respect to quotations for, or transactions in, is or is proposed to be collected, processed, distributed or published.
File all Exhibits with the Initial Form. For each Exhibit, include the name of the information processor, the date of filing of the Exhibit and the date as of which the information is accurate (if different from the date of the filing). If any Exhibit required is inapplicable, a statement to that effect must be included instead of the Exhibit.
If the information processor files an amendment to the information provided in its Initial Form, and the information relates to an Exhibit filed with the Initial Form or a subsequent amendment, the information processor must, in order to comply with sections 14.1 and 14.2 of National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation, provide a description of the change and the actual or expected date of the implementation of the change, and file a complete and updated Exhibit. The information processor must provide a blacklined version showing changes from the previous filing.
Exhibit A – Corporate Governance
1. Legal status:
□ Sole Proprietorship
□ Other (specify):
2. Except where the information processor is a sole proprietorship, indicate the date and place where the information processor obtained its legal status (e.g., place of incorporation, place where partnership agreement was filed or where information processor was formed):
a) Date (DD/MM/YYYY) of formation.
b) Place of formation.
c) Statute under which the information processor was organized.
3. Provide a copy of the constating documents (including corporate by-laws), shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and other similar documents, and all subsequent documents.
4. Provide the policies and procedures which promote independence of the information processor from the marketplaces, inter-dealer bond brokers and dealers that provide data.
5. Provide the policies and procedures which address the potential conflicts of interest between the interests of the information processor and its owners, partners, directors and officers.
Exhibit B - Ownership
List any person or company who owns 10 percent or more of the information processor's outstanding shares or who, either directly or indirectly, through agreement or otherwise, in any other manner, may control or direct the management or policies of the information processor. Provide the full name and address of each such person and attach a copy of the agreement or, if there is none written, describe the agreement or basis through which such person exercises or may exercise such control or direction.
Exhibit C - Organization
1. A list of the partners, officers, governors, and members of the board of directors and any standing committees of the board, or persons performing similar functions, who presently hold or have held their offices or positions during the previous year, identifying those individuals with overall responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of data reported to and displayed by the system (the "System") of the information processor, indicating the following for each:
2. Principal business or occupation and title.
3. Dates of commencement and expiry of present term of office or position.
6. Whether the person is considered to be an independent director.
7. A list of the committees of the board, including their mandates.
8. A narrative or graphic description of the organizational structure of the information processor.
Exhibit D - Staffing
A description of the personnel qualifications for each category of professional, non-professional and supervisory employee employed by the information processor. Detail whether the personnel are employed by the information processor or a third party, identifying the employees responsible for monitoring the timeliness and integrity of data reported to and displayed by the System.
Exhibit E - Affiliates
For each affiliated entity of the information processor, and for any person or company with whom the information processor has a contractual or other agreement relating to the operations of the information processor, including loans or cross-guarantees, provide the following information:
1. Name and address of person or company.
2. Form of organization (e.g., association, corporation, partnership, etc.).
3. Name of location and statute citation under which organized.
4. Date of incorporation in present form.
5. Description of nature and extent of affiliation and/or contractual or other agreement with the information processor.
6. Description of business or functions of the affiliates.
7. If a person or company has ceased to be an affiliated entity of the information processor during the previous year or ceased to have a contractual or other agreement relating to the operation of the information processor during the previous year, provide a brief statement of the reasons for termination of the relationship.
Exhibit F - Services
A description in narrative form of each service or function performed by the information processor. Include a description of all procedures utilized for the collection, processing, distribution, validation and publication of information with respect to orders and trades in securities.
Exhibit G – System and Operations
1. Describe the manner of operation of the System of the information processor that collects, processes, distributes and publishes information in accordance with National Instrument 21- 101 Marketplace Operation and National Instrument 23-101 Trading Rules. This description must include the following:
1. The means of access to the System.
2. Procedures governing entry and display of quotations and orders in the System including data validation processes.
3. A description of any measures used to verify the timeliness and accuracy of information received and disseminated by the System, including the processes to resolve data integrity issues identified.
4. The hours of operation of the System.
5. A description of the training provided to users of the System and any materials provided to the users.
2. Include a list of all computer hardware utilized by the information processor to perform the services or functions listed in Exhibit F, indicating:
1. Manufacturer, and manufacturer's equipment and identification number.
2. Whether purchased or leased (if leased, duration of lease and any provisions for purchase or renewal).
3. Where such equipment (exclusive of terminals and other access devices) is physically located.
3. Provide a description of the measures or procedures implemented by the information processor to provide for the security of any system employed to perform the functions of an information processor. This must include a general description of any physical and operational safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to the system.
4. Provide a description of all backup systems which are designed to prevent interruptions in the performance of any information providing functions as a result of technical malfunctions or otherwise in the system itself, in any permitted input or output system connection or as a result of any independent source.
5. Describe the business continuity and disaster recovery plans of the information processor, and provide any relevant documentation.
6. List each type of interruption which has lasted for more than two minutes and has occurred within the six (6) months preceding the date of the filing, including the date of each interruption, the cause and duration. Provide the total number of interruptions which have lasted two minutes or less.
7. Describe the procedures for reviewing system capacity, and indicate current and future capacity estimates.
8. Quantify in appropriate units of measure the limits on the information processor's capacity to receive, collect, process, store or display the data elements included within each function.
9. Identify the factors (mechanical, electronic or other) which account for the current limitations on the capacity to receive, collect, process, store or display the data elements included within each function described in section 8 above.
10. Describe the procedures for conducting stress tests.
Exhibit H – Outsourcing
Where the information processor has outsourced the operation of any aspect of the services listed in Exhibit F to an arms-length third party, including any function related to the collection, consolidation, and dissemination of data, provide the following information:
1. Name and address of person or company to whom the function has been outsourced.
2. A description of the nature and extent of the contractual or other agreement with the information processor, and the roles and responsibilities of the arms-length third party under the arrangement.
3. A copy of each material contract relating to any outsourced function.
Exhibit I - Financial Viability
1. Provide a business plan with pro forma financial statements and estimates of revenue.
2. Discuss the financial viability of the information processor in the context of having sufficient financial resources to properly perform its functions.
Exhibit J - Fees and Revenue Sharing
1. Provide a complete list of all fees and other charges imposed, or to be imposed, by or on behalf of the information processor for its information services. This would include all fees to provide data and fees to receive the data from the information processor.
2. Where arrangements exist to share revenue from the sale of data disseminated by the information processor with marketplaces, inter-dealer bond brokers and dealers that provide data to the information processor in accordance with National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation, provide a complete description of the arrangements and the basis for these arrangements.
Exhibit K – Reporting to the Information Processor
1. List all persons and entities that provide data to the information processor in accordance with the requirements of National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation.
2. Provide a complete set of all forms, agreements and other materials pertaining to the provision of data to the information processor.
3. A description of any specifications or criteria required of marketplaces, inter-dealer bond brokers or dealers that provide securities information to the information processor for collection, processing for distribution or publication. Identify those specifications or criteria which limit, are interpreted to limit or have the effect of limiting access to or use of any services provided by the information processor and state the reasons for imposing such specifications or criteria.
4. For each instance during the past year in which any person or entity has been prohibited or limited to provide data by the information processor, indicate the name of each such person or entity and the reason for the prohibition or limitation.
Exhibit L - Access to the Services of the Information Processor
1. A list of all persons and entities who presently subscribe or who have notified the information processor of their intention to subscribe to the services of the information processor.
2. The form of contract governing the terms by which persons may subscribe to the services of an information processor.
3. A description of any specifications or criteria which limit, are interpreted to limit or have the effect of limiting access to or use of any services provided by the information processor and state the reasons for imposing such specifications or criteria. This applies to limits relating to providing information to the information processor and the limits relating to accessing the consolidated feed distributed by the information processor.
4. For each instance during the past year in which any person has been prohibited or limited in respect of access to services offered by the information processor, indicate the name of each such person and the reason for the prohibition or limitation.
Exhibit M - Selection of Securities for which Information Must Be Reported to the Information Processor
Where the information processor is responsible for making a determination of the data which must be reported, including the securities for which information must be reported in accordance with National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation, describe the manner of selection and communication of these securities. This description must include the following:
1. The criteria used to determine the securities for which information must be reported and the data which must be reported to the information processor.
2. The process for selection of the securities, including a description of the parties consulted in the process and the frequency of the selection process.
3. The process to communicate the securities selected and data to be reported to the marketplaces, inter-dealer bond brokers and dealers providing the information as required by National Instrument 21-101 Marketplace Operation. The description must include where this information is located.
CERTIFICATE OF INFORMATION PROCESSOR
The undersigned certifies that the information given in this report is true and correct.
DATED at this day of 20
(Name of information processor)
(Name of director, officer or partner - please type or print)
(Signature of director, officer or partner)
(Official capacity - please type or print)